Home > Job Openings
Durban, South Africa
Jembi Health Systems NPC, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our cutting edge agile development team in Durban to work on a number of projects, with a focus on health systems such as an EMR (Electronic Medical Record), interoperability and data exchange between these systems.
Required skills & experience
- Solid understanding of web technologies and protocols
- Experience as a senior software engineer, with the ability to mentor a development team
- Excellent coding skills and understanding of software design patterns and architecture
- Experience as a Senior Developer in a major programming language (Java, or C#)
- Use of Agile development practices
- Expertise in relational and document database development
- Ability to take ownership of the software deliverables and work unsupervised by other senior developers
- Responsibility for risk management of the overall software product
- Mentorship of other software engineers
Beneficial skills & experience
Additional Skills and Experience
- Experience in the public health sector
- Previous work with Electronic Health Record systems
- NoSQL and MySQL database development
- Linux experience
- Docker containerization
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Apply for this position
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position. Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.