As a Digital Health NPO, Jembi is actively involved in the international response to COVID-19 View our activities and resources
Home > Job Openings
Jembi has a vacancy for an experienced and well-qualified Intermediate Developer to support its local and international digital health projects in the public health technology sector. The successful applicant will work with a vibrant business and technical team to deliver an effective health information system and integrated health architectures on several exciting digital and health information systems projects in South Africa and other African countries and engage with a global set of stakeholders and international communities of practice.
The role of the Intermediate Developer is technical expertise based – and will work with a team of developers on one or many Jembi projects. They should have a minimum of 3 years of experience working with various technologies in production enterprise environments and relevant education for this role.
Required skills & experience
● Experience as an intermediate software engineer
● Excellent coding skills and a solid understanding of web technologies and protocols
● Experience with Java or NodeJS
● Experience with Docker (knowledge of docker swarm would be a plus)
● Experience with Linux (including bash script coding)
● Use of Agile development practices
● Expertise in SQL
● Ability to take ownership of the software deliverables and work unsupervised by other senior developers
● Ability to think critically, resolve problems, and eager to explore new tech stacks and tools
● Ensure the features are produced to the highest possible quality
● Responsibility for risk management of the overall software product
Beneficial skills & experience
● Experience in the public health sector
● Have a good understanding of health interoperability standards and patterns
● Interest in DevOps
● Experience with Ansible
● Experience with Terraform
● Experience with Golang
● Experience with Typescript
● Experience with React
Open depending on the location of the right candidate
Apply for this position
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position. Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Your application has been submitted!