Home > Job Openings
Jembi has a vacancy for an experienced and well-qualified QA to support its local and international digital health projects in the public health technology sector. The successful applicant will work with a vibrant business and technical team to deliver an effective health information system and integrated health architectures on several exciting digital and health information systems projects in South Africa and other African countries and also engage with a global set of stakeholders and international communities of practice.
The QA works closely with the product owners, analysts and the developers to ensure that the final product observes Jembi quality standards. The QA is a very detail-oriented professional and they are responsible for the development and implementation of quality assurance plans, development of test cases, the detection and resolution of problems, and the delivery of satisfactory outcomes.
● Develop test strategy and planning documents
● Participate in the daily stand ups, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives
● Detect errors during the planning and design phase
● Verify story and condition of acceptance are up to date before testing
● Identify, write and execute test cases for software and solutions developed
● Identify opportunities for automation and develop automation scripts
● Schedule review of test cases and if required review test cases of other testers
● Ensure that all documentation and knowledge within area of responsibility is effectively created, stored and maintained for current and future use
● Ensure test status results are documented and tracked and software defects are reported clearly and are in line with process and procedures
● Ensure issues are logged and escalated timeously and appropriately
● Engage in the deployment process from design and development through to QA and production release
● Ensure process and standards compliance for all software released
● Provide input to the Team to enable informed decisions as to quality and business risks associated with a release
Required skills & experience
● Performance testing
● Security testing
● Experience in healthcare information systems
Beneficial skills & experience
● A minimum of 5 years software testing experience
● Software Testing and QA experience
● Proficient in the analysis of test requirements and the ability to design, plan and execute testing to ensure software quality
● Writing of manual and automated test scripts
● Expertise with automated software and performance testing
● Exposure/experience with Atlassian JIRA/Confluence
Quality Assurance certification ISEB or ISTQB is essential
Depending on location of the right candidate
Apply for this position
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position. Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.