Home > Job Openings
Jembi has a vacancy for an experienced and well-qualified Systems Analyst or Senior Systems Analyst to support its local and international digital health projects in the public health technology sector. The successful applicant will work with a vibrant business and technical team to deliver an effective health information system and integrated health architectures on several exciting digital and health information systems projects in South Africa and other African countries and also engage with a global set of stakeholders and international communities of practice.
The (Senior) Systems Analyst may work on one or more different projects and reports to a (Senior) (Technical) Program / Project Manager(s) / Product Team Lead.
The (Senior) Systems Analyst (SA) works closely with the business and technical teams to analyse and design solutions for digital health projects and is a major contributor to the system design and technical specification deliverables, as well as supporting business and functional requirement specifications. The SA should ideally understand health and ensure that there is integration between business and technology. The SA works with the team to prioritize deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities. The SA understands software development processes ( SDLC) and is very analytical with problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
The SA works with current systems, designs new systems, and enhances the legacy environment. The SA will need to be proactive, should be able to communicate with both business and technical stakeholders, and be able to adapt to different technology stacks. This role has a strong focus on system interoperability and requires a person with extensive knowledge and experience in system integration design and documentation, using recognised international standards.
● Works with business to elicit requirements and capture business needs
● Clearly articulates and documents technical design specification
● Obtains key inputs from the technical teams to identify solution interdependencies
● Document solution design including system architecture, data models, application framework, component diagrams, sequence diagrams and integration specifications
● Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
● Produce project feasibility and costings reports
● Communication of technical requirements to the technical team using an agile methodology
● Develop technical stories for hand over to the development team
● Manage the UAT process
● Support the QA team with test cases and testing
● Assist with technical documentation for testers and implementers
● Assist with training and end-user documentation and system implementation
● Liaise with business analysts, product owners and program managers on selected projects and products
● Manage iterative system reviews and feedback with the client
● Manage ongoing relationship with business partners and clients
● Proactively build and maintain good relationships with stakeholders
● Proactively resolve customer satisfaction issues
● Keep up to date with technical and industry developments
● Develops stories for hand over to the development team
● Manages the product backlog and priorities
● Manages the software delivery cycle
● Performs the role of Product Owner
Required skills & experience
3 -5 years or more proven work experience as a system analyst or related function in a relevant domain.
Degree or recognised qualification in Informatics, System Analysis or Business Analysis
Experience with agile software development methodologies
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Demonstrated analytical skills
Problem solving and strong communication skills
Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
As a health system analyst, you will be expected to have a working knowledge of software development and programming, as well as knowledge of design and modelling of software applications
Ability to liaise both with stakeholders and internal business, technical and implementer teams.
Strong background in digital health (advantageous)
Experience with planning and product delivery management software such as JIRA (advantageous)
Experience working in the public health sector (advantageous)
Beneficial skills & experience
Experience and/or interest in the health and nonprofit sectors
Willingness and availability to travel in African countries
Depending on location of the right candidate
Apply for this position
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position. Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.