Home > Job Openings
Rwanda Project Coordinator
Jembi Health Systems is seeking a project coordinator as a focal point for all Jembi activities in Rwanda in support of the central initiative program in collaboration with CDC. The coordinator will assist the Country office to organize, coordinate and document all work and lead all local engagements with country and regional stakeholders.
• Support and manage a number of technology-based initiatives related to Public Health Programs, specifically in low-resource environments
• Liaise with Jembi Headquarters to act as a conduit for information and dissemination of Jembi activities in Rwanda
• Active participation in concept creation, programming and implementation of projects aligned to the CDC Central Initiative
• Expert assistance with the development, implementation, testing, improvement and documentation of interoperability and data management solutions, including personal and shared health records
• Regional networking, in-country, with high level stakeholders, the East Africa community and university networks
• Championing the Sandbox initiative in Rwanda and regionally
• Liaise with in country partners and technical teams to achieve the outcomes of projects and programmes, including government, universities and donors, Jembi representative
• Review and document the needs and requirements of projects, in conjunction with the Program Manager
• Assist with coordination and logistics of in-country travel for project team
• Resource mobilization and active participation in applying for grants and proposal development
• Provide senior technical support to Jembi projects
• Oversee technical implementations in-country in association with country staff and partners
• Program Quality Supervision and Management
Required skills & experience
Ability to understand and communicate complex business processes
Ability to prioritize effectively and handle shifting priorities professionally
Knowledge and experience in delivering training material for adult learners
Solid computer skills including Redmine Project Management Software Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Strong communication skills and high level of professionalism
Ability to manage a variety of tasks concurrently
Demonstrates the ability to work with interruptions, under stress and in emergency situations.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with end users up to the executive level in a professional and courteous manner
Ability to work effectively as a team player and work with people of all backgrounds and at all levels
Beneficial skills & experience
Strong digital health experience and coordinating large scale program implementations
Critical Skills/Experience Required
Mid-level professional with at least 5 years of relevant IT project management (PM) experience
o Experience with PM solution for monitoring and managing project execution, critical path activities, and interdependencies across multiple partners and countries
o Inform appropriate persons/organizations of potential or existing risks/problems
Familiarity and/or experience with PEPFAR or other USG health initiatives
Familiarity and/or experience with informatics/software system projects, activities, terminology, and practices
Envisaged start date is in 1 June 2021 with a possible extension. In the application please include the attached form completed for past consultancy and day rate requested.
CV's for this fixed term consultancy can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
23 May 2021
Apply for this position
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position. Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Your application has been submitted!