Home > Job Openings
Jembi has a vacancy for an experienced and well-qualified DevOps Engineer to support its local and international digital health projects in the public health, technology sector.
The successful applicant will work within a vibrant business and technical team to deliver an effective health information system and integrated health architectures on several exciting digital and health information systems projects in South Africa and other African countries and also engage with a global set of stakeholders and international communities of practice.
The Senior DevOps Engineer may work on one or more different projects and reports to the Lead Developer/Architect and management teams.
If Docker, Kubernetes and Python sound like something you are passionate about then please think of the JEMBI team! You will be joining one of the leading Digital Health giants in South Africa!
The DevOps role is responsible for:
● Managing infrastructure which includes setup, monitoring and alerts, resource allocation, and deployment architecture using a wide range of AWS cloud; GCP (Google Cloud Platform) and Azure technologies.
● Implement and manage network/routing setup as well as integration into external systems
● Implementation and automation of runtime environments for software in support of engineering development processes
● Drive virtualization technologies with continuous deployment and elastic scalability in mind
● Manage system security and backup strategies across a wide variety of technologies and products
Required skills & experience
● Database Administration. The Senior Devops Engineer will work with MongoDB; PostgreSQL & My SQL
● Ability to code and script
● Experience with monitoring tools e.g. Nagios, Prometheus & Grafana
● Experience working in Google Cloud Platform and Azure technologies ( Compute, Storage, network & monitoring)
● Experience with and able to design and setup Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD & Jenkins) pipelines
● Experience of *nix based systems and tools in order to administrate, manage and monitor
● Experience with configuration management (chef, puppet, git, Ansible)
● Experience with specific AWS cloud technologies (EC2, ECS, Route53, ELB, EBS, VPC, S3, CloudWatch)
● Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) pipelines
● Experience in deploying multiple technology stack solutions to cloud and on-premise environments
● Experience in public health sector
● Previous work with Electronic Health Record systems
Beneficial skills & experience
Qualifications & Preferred Attributes
● Relevant Bachelor’s Degree/tertiary level training and knowledge of digital health, medicine, public health, computer science, information systems, or a related fields is preferred.
● Five years’ experience in a relevant similar position, working with highly-skilled professionals and/or managers in health information systems, with cross-cultural experience
● Self-motivated & problem-solving; including the ability to innovate and contribute to the ICT team
● Collaborative People Management skills, including the ability to develop and manage relationships across geographically dispersed teams of technical and programme management professionals
● Excellent English language proficiency
● Valid driver’s license
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
11 Nov 2021
Apply for this position
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position. Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Your application has been submitted!