Home > Job Openings
Jembi Health Systems NPC is looking for a mid-level developer to join our cutting edge, agile development team to work on a number of projects, with a focus on interoperability and data exchange between health systems.
The successful candidate will work with a team of developers across a number of these projects. They should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working with multiple technologies in production enterprise environments and this position will report to the Senior Developer / Analyst.
Required skills & experience
● Solid understanding of web technologies and protocols and enterprise systems development experience
● Experience with Java, Python, Node.js
● Experience as a Mid- Level software engineer, with the ability to work within team
● Excellent coding skills and understanding of software design patterns and architecture
● Use of Agile development practices
● Expertise in relational and NoSQL database development
● Ability to take ownership of software deliverables and work unsupervised by senior developers
● Responsibility for risk management of the overall software product
● Mentorship of other software engineers
● Experience in public health sector
● Previous work with Electronic Health Record systems
● Docker experience would be advantageous
● Experience with React.js, Typescript and related frameworks
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Beneficial skills & experience
11 Nov 2021
Durban and Cape Town
Apply for this position
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position. Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Your application has been submitted!