As a Digital Health NPO, Jembi is actively involved in the international response to COVID-19 View our activities and resources
Home > Job Openings
Senior Business Analyst
Jembi has a vacancy for an experienced and well-qualified Senior Business Analyst to support its local and international digital health projects in the public health technology sector. The successful applicant will work with a vibrant business and technical team to deliver an effective health information system and integrated health architectures on several exciting digital and health information systems projects in South Africa and other African countries and also engage with a global set of stakeholders and international communities of practice
The Senior Business Analyst may work on one or more different projects and reports to a (Senior) (Technical) Program / Project Manager(s) / Product Team Lead.
The Senior Business Analyst (BA) works closely with the business and technical teams to analyse and design solutions for digital health projects and leads the system design and functional specification deliverable.
The Senior BA should ideally understand health and ensure that there is integration between business and technology. The Senior BA works with the client and project management team in order to prioritize deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities. The Senior BA understands the software development processes – SDLC – and is very analytical with problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
The Senior BA works with current systems, designs new systems as well as enhances the legacy environment and needs to be able to adapt to different programming languages and technology stacks. This role has a very strong focus on hospital information system strengthening and system interoperability and therefore requires a person with extensive knowledge and experience in developing user requirements, full functional specifications and system integration. All documentation produced must use recognised standards and tools.
Required skills & experience
● 10 years or more proven work experience as a business analyst, product owner or related.
● Degree or recognised qualification in Informatics, Systems Analysis or public health.
● Experience with agile software development methodologies
● Experience with planning and product delivery management software such as JIRA (advantageous)
● Experience working in the public health sector (advantageous)
● Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
● Demonstrated analytical skills
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Strong background in digital health and/or mobile technologies
● Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
● Ability to work in dynamic environments
● Ability to manage conflicting priorities
● Excellent facilitation skills
Manage the deliverables for multiple agile projects
As a senior business analyst, we prefer you to understand:
● Microsoft technologies
● Web-based technologies
● Mobile technologies
● Ability to liaise both with stakeholders and with technical team and implementers
● Availability to travel both within South Africa and other countries
● Durban preferred but not limited
Beneficial skills & experience
Functions of the Position
● Works with the client to understand the problem domain, elicit requirements and capture business needs
● Clearly articulates and documents functional specifications
● Obtains key inputs from the technical teams to identify solution interdependencies
● Documents solution design including solution architecture, data models, context diagrams, sequence diagrams and integration specifications.
● Identifies options for potential solutions and assesses them for both technical and business suitability
● Communicates requirements to the technical team using an agile methodology
● Develops stories for hand over to the development team
● Manages the product backlog and priorities
● Manages the software delivery cycle
● Performs the role of Product Owner
● Oversees the QA team with test cases and testing
● Manages technical documentation for testers and implementers
● Manages ongoing relationship with business partners and clients
● Proactively builds and maintain good relationships with stakeholders
● Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues
● Keeps up to date with technical and industry developments
● Develops management and client project reports
● Manages risks and issues
Apply for this position
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position. Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents. Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Your application has been submitted!