Jembi Health Systems NPC is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our cutting edge agile development team in Durban.
The successful candidate will work with the software development teams to release enterprise software products that are used in the public health sector. These products include mobile applications, standalone medical applications and web-based tools. Jembi is of the leading specialist health information systems organisations in Africa. We offering the successful candidate the opportunity to grow their knowledge, skills and experience.
Required Skills and Experience:
● Develop and manage the Quality Assurance team systems and processes
● Participate in the daily stand ups, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives
● Detect errors during the planning and design phase
● Verify before testing commences that story and condition of acceptance are up to date
● Identify, write and execute test cases for software and solutions developed
● Schedule review of test cases and if required review test cases of other testers
● Ensure that all documentation and knowledge within area of responsibility is effectively created, stored and maintained for current and future use
● Proactively knowledge share with colleagues and team members
● Ensure test status results are documented and tracked and software defects are reported clearly and are in line with process and procedures
● Ensure issues are escalated timeously and appropriately
● Log change controls as per our QA process
● Engage in the deployment process from development through to staging and production release.
● Ensure process and standards compliance for all software released
● Provide input to the Team to enable informed decisions as to quality and business risks associated with a release
Additional Skills and Experience:
● A minimum of 5 years software testing experience
● Software Testing and QA experience
● Quality Assurance certification ISEB or ISTQB is essential
● Proficient in the analysis of test requirements and the ability to design, plan and execute testing to ensure software quality
● Writing of manual and automated test scripts
● Expertise with automated software and performance testing
● Exposure/experience with Atlassian JIRA/Confluence
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org and, include a
comprehensive CV, and letter of motivation. Please use the recruitment reference number when applying
for the post: JEM/DBN/-CDC-2 . Closing date 19 March 2019.
The position is a one- year contract position that may be renewed for a further defined period if funding is secured.
Remuneration will be negotiated in accordance with the qualifications and experience.
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position.
Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents.
Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.