Working closely with the Programme and Project Mangers, the Project Assistant will contribute essential administrative support to coordinate the Jembi South Africa team.
- Organizing meetings and conference calls, including scheduling, sending out meeting invitations, collating relevant documentation and sending out agendas
- Recording and distributing meeting minutes
- Coordinating travel requests from project team members, including travel concurrences where necessary, per diem requests, flight bookings, accommodations and all other travel logistic matters in line with the Company’s travel process
- Assists in gathering information for status, progress and narrative reports
- Assists in gathering information for communications (including press and social media)
- Updating project and technical Wiki pages
- Assist with record keeping and document management for the South African project team
- Grant administration including donor reporting and assistance with Resource mobilization applications
Qualifications and work experience required:
- 2 years’ experience of project administration/personal assistant/executive secretary, including taking meeting minutes and collating documents and scheduling calls and meetings
- Experience in communications (including social media and blogging)
- Experience in co-ordinating travel logistics
- A minimum of 30 wpm typing level, taking minutes and lifting out action points
- Working knowledge of ICT4D and/or eHealth
- Experience in Travel or related field, Project administration qualification
- Knowledge of software development
- Experience of working with USG funding
- Experience of working with teams based in multiple locations
- Experience of working in customer support
- Fluency in an additional language – French, Portuguese, Afrikaans, Swahili…
- Demonstrable ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Commitment to the aims and values of Jembi Health Systems
- Good organizational skills
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a comprehensive CV, covering letter and motivation including how the candidate matches the person specification above. Please use the recruitment reference number when applying for the post: JEM/PATHMG-08. The closing date for applications is 25 February 2019.
The position is a one-year contract position that may be renewed for a further defined period if funding is secured. Remuneration will be negotiated in accordance with qualifications and experience. All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being in place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position.
Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents.
Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.