Jembi Health Systems NPC is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Tester to join our cutting edge agile development team in Cape Town. The successful candidate will work with the software development teams to ensure the quality of enterprise software products that are used in the public health sector. These products include mobile applications, standalone medical applications, web-based applications and system integration solutions. Jembi is one of the leading specialist health information systems organisations in Africa. We are offering the successful candidate the opportunity to grow their knowledge, skills and experience as part of a young, dynamic team.
- Works closely with the Product Owner, Business Analysts, Developers, Architects, Designers to analyse functional and non-functional business requirements to create test plans and identify required tests
- Provide input to the project team to enable informed decisions as to quality and business risks associated with the software during the planning and design phase
- Verify before testing commences that the story and acceptance criteria are defined
- Identify, write and execute test cases for software and solutions developed. This may include exploratory testing, functional testing, regression testing and integration testing
- Schedule review of test cases and, if required, review test cases of other testers
- Ensure test status results are documented and tracked and software defects are reported clearly in line with process and procedures
- Ensure issues are escalated timeously and appropriately
- Monitors the tasks for completed user stories to meet the definition of done
- Serve as 1st line support for the team (Support hours are usually standard working hours from Monday to Friday but occasionally after hours support may be required)
- Test defects raised by internal and external clients to validate defects
- Manage testing environments i.e. staging server management and software deployment
- Engage in the deployment process from development through to staging and production release
- Ensure process and standards compliance for all software released
- Provide input to the project team to enable informed decisions as to quality and business risks associated with a release
- Ensure that all documentation and knowledge within area of responsibility is effectively created, stored and maintained for current and future use
- Proactively knowledge share with colleagues and team members
- Participate in the daily stand ups, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives
- Liaise with external third party QA contracting staff, where necessary
- Experience using SQL to interrogate and analyse data
- Relevant IT Diploma, Certificate or Degree (BTech IT, BCom Computer Science or similar) or 3 years proven relevant industry experience
- ISQTB desirable
- FTI QA Certification desirable
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3 years Software Testing experience
- Knowledge & experience of test case management & execution
- Experience with end-to-end functional, regression and integration testing
- Familiarity with open source stacks Apache, MySQL, Java, Javascrtipt, XML
- Use of open source operating systems and server management
- Ability to problem solve efficiently and work smartly
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to manage expectations
Desired Skills and Experience
- Automation scripting experience and familiarity with QA automation tools
- Performance testing
- Security testing
- Experience in healthcare information systems
- Experience using Agile methodologies will be an advantage.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application to email@example.com and, include a comprehensive CV, and letter of motivation. Please use the recruitment reference number when applying for the post: JEM-PATHMG-01. Closing date: 16 January 2019.
The position is a one- year contract position that may be renewed for a further defined period if funding is secured.
Remuneration will be negotiated in accordance with the qualifications and experience. All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position.
Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents.
Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.