Jembi Health Systems NPC is looking for a Developer Team Manager to join our cutting edge agile development team in Cape Town. The successful candidate will work with the software development teams to ensure the quality of enterprise software products that are used in the public health sector. These products include mobile applications, standalone medical applications, web-based applications and system integration solutions. Jembi is one of the leading specialist health information systems organisations in Africa. We are offering the successful candidate the opportunity to grow their knowledge, skills and experience as part of a young, dynamic team.
The role of Developer Team Manager will focus on the happiness, sustainable growth and operational efficiency of the Jembi development team. The successful candidate will be required to (in no particular order):
- Support Product Owners/Project Managers and Technical Leads in managing capacity and delivery expectations with Program Managers
- Consult in respect of solutions design, including factors such as reliability, scalability, appropriateness of hardware and infrastructure needs etc
- Champion and collaborate with Scrum Masters, Product Owners/Project Managers and Technical Leads to optimize the existing Software Development Lifecycle
- Collaborate with the Scrum Masters, Product Owners/Project Managers and Technical Leads to facilitate cross functional team, make up, structure and organisation
- Establish and facilitate collaboration with partners e.g. development partners
- Evangelize and facilitate the adoption and retention of good analysis, design, development and operational principles, including but not limited to:
- SOLID Principles
- Infrastructure as code
- Continuous Integration (CI) / Deployment (CD)
- Automated testing and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Effective error/exception handling, logging and documentation
- Encourage and facilitate knowledge sharing activities inside, across delivery teams, and outside of Jembi including but not limited to:
- Book Club and Brown Bag Sessions
- Hackathons, Meetups and Conferences (attendance, presentations and hosting)
- Regularly engage with team members to maintain engagement and happiness and facilitate career development
- Work with management to identify and plan team career paths and effective training solutions
- Identify, engage with and sell Jembi to potential candidates
- Develop and publish job descriptions and adverts with support from HR
- Facilitate and mature the recruitment process with support from senior team members and HR
Manage People and Administer Reporting
- People manage software developers (dotted and solid line)
- Facilitate bi-annual performance appraisals
- Facilitate time logging as well as produce and share reports with finance for billing and auditing
- Produce and disseminate sprint and progress reports in collaboration with Scrum Masters and Product Owners/Project Managers to Program Managers and Jembi
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application to email@example.com and, include a comprehensive CV, and letter of motivation. Please use the recruitment reference number JEM/TECHJS-01 when applying for the post. Closing date 16 January 2019.
The position is a one- year contract position that may be renewed for a further defined period if funding is secured. Remuneration will be negotiated in accordance with the qualifications and experience.
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position.
Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents.
Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.