Jembi Health Systems NPC is looking for a UI Designer to join our agile development team in Durban / Cape Town. We need a person that understands the balancing act of aesthetics and function. A person with design flare, a love for creativity within constraints, and the ability to iterate designs based on feedback and then follow through and assist with their implementation. Applicants must have experience working on enterprise software systems. They should be self-motivated, hardworking, and keen to learn and be interested in public healthcare. This position comes with the opportunity to travel locally and internationally and implement our software solutions on the ground around the world.
Required Skills and Experience:
● 3 Years proven industry experience, working on both web and mobile User Interface design
● Solid understanding of User Experience research and its benefits
● Strong Facilitation skills to lead UX design workshops with key stakeholders
● Proficiency in using Sketch for both UX wire framing and polished User Interface designs
● Knowledge of Sketch’s libraries and the value of Design Systems a plus
● Familiarity with prototyping, preferably InVision (we use the Sketch Craft Plugin)
Front End Development:
● Expertise with HTML & CSS, and front end component libraries/frameworks such as Bootstrap and Material
● Some knowledge of software development paradigms and patterns
● Some experience in the healthcare domain will be an advantage
Additional Skills and Experience:
● Experience in public health sector
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application to email@example.com and, include a comprehensive CV, and letter of motivation. Please use the recruitment reference number when applying for the post: JEM/DBN/CDC-3. Closing date 16 January 2019.
The position is a one- year contract position that may be renewed for a further defined period if funding is secured.
Remuneration will be negotiated in accordance with the qualifications and experience.
All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being place and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position.
Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents.
Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.