Jembi is looking for a UX/UI Designer to join our agile development team in Cape Town (or Durban).
We’re looking for a designer that wants their design to make a positive impact.
We need a designer that understands the balancing act of aesthetics and function. A designer with a love for creativity within constraints. With the ability to iterate designs based on user feedback. And then follow through with supporting their implementation.
They should be self-motivated, hardworking, and eager to learn and be interested in public healthcare. This position comes with the opportunity to travel locally and internationally. To research user requirements for our software solutions on the ground around the world.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3 Years proven industry experience, ideally working on enterprise applications, web and mobile User Interface design
User Experience Design:
- Solid understanding of User Experience (UX) research and its benefits
- Solid knowledge of UX research methods and processes
- Confidence in running Usability testing to improve designs
- Strong facilitation skills to lead UX design workshops with stakeholders and/or requirements gathering
User Interface Design:
- Skilled in using Sketch for both UX wireframing and polished User Interface designs
- Familiar with rapid prototyping both low and high fidelity (preferably with InVision)
Front End Support:
- Ability to support front-end development with CSS and HTML templates
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Some knowledge of agile software development paradigms and patterns
- Some experience in the healthcare domain will be an advantage
- Applicants should have experience working in enterprise software systems
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Please submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a comprehensive CV
- A letter of motivation
- Please use the recruitment reference number JEM/DBN/CDC-3
- Closing date 26 February 2019.
The Fine Print:
- The position is a one-year contract position that may be renewed for a further defined period if funding is secured.
- Remuneration will be negotiated in accordance with the qualifications and experience.
- All new Jembi positions are linked to specific project funding and include a three-month probationary period.
- There is no guarantee the advertised position will be recruited as it will depend on funding being placed and the candidates applying meeting the criteria required to fill this position.
- Preference will be given to SA citizens and permanent residents.
- Applicants with work visas must possess visas which will permit them to work for Jembi Health Systems.
- In evaluating prospective applicants and making the final selection, consideration will be given to Jembi Health Systems Employment Equity objective.
- Jembi Health Systems is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regards to race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.